It’s summer that usually means cruising around listening to awesome music and cooling off with delicious frozen treats. Growing up, it also meant sliding down our slip n’ slide (which was officially called “Wet Banana“).
What you may or may not be aware of is that July is National Ice Cream Month! To honor this special holiday month, there is a “sweet” Kindie compilation for you to enjoy which was produced, designed and curated by Groovy David (David Brownstein), Mista Cookie Jar (C.J. Pizarro) and Trevor Goober of The Zing Zangs.
The Ice Cream Sundae Project contains songs about ice cream and desserts by top Kindie artists. The proceeds from the purchase of the album will go directly to Feeding America, a national non-profit organization whose mission is to feed the hungry through a nationwide network of food banks.
According to Brownstein, “Most people don’t know that [July is National Ice Cream Month], so I thought it could be a fun idea to create a compilation album of all the dessert flavor songs out there. But as I started working on the idea with Trevor and later Cookie, I felt there could be a broader theme. That awareness of these “dessert” songs could bring attention to families in need of real food services.”
There is an awesome mix of talent here all participating in a good cause!
The album can be downloaded via CDBaby.
You can learn more about The Ice Cream Sundae Project here.
- Groovy David – Ice Cream Sunday
- Yosi Levin – Just Desserts
- Joanie Leeds – Ice Cream
- Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band – Who Stole the Cookies?
- Danny Weinkauf – Ice Cream (Healthy Eating)
- Rocknoceros – Cannoli Adjustment
- Jambo – Ice Cream Soup
- Todd and Cookie – Ice Cream Time Machine
- The Zing Zangs – Whip Cream
- Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could – Ice Cream Girl
- Bari Koral Family Rock Band – Anna and the Cupcakes
- Sugar Free Allstars – Ice Cream Truck
- Charity and the JAMband – Cake
- David Tobocman – Ice Cream on a Hot Dog
- Caspar Babypants – A Thousand Tiny Donuts